God, who is perfectly good and limitless in power, created the universe. God sustains His creation expressing His kindness to all men. All men are to live in worship and obedience to God. All are accountable to Him.
In Adam and Eve mankind rebelled against God. All are born into the world in sin and under condemnation. Sin separates from God. The consequence of sin is physical and spiritual death. An eternal hell awaits those who remain in a state of sin and rebellion.
God in His grace has made a way for man to be reconciled to Him. By dying on the cross as a substitute for sinners, Jesus Christ provided the only way for those who repent to be forgiven for their sins. Heaven is the destination for those who receive Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour.
Jesus is alive and in His gospel offers spiritual life and a new relationship with God. To receive this life the sinner must do two basic things:
1) Turn from his sin and self-centered life and follow Jesus as Lord.
2) Trust that Jesus has done everything needed for our acceptance by God.
Acts 16:31 declares: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved."
Here are the steps every one must take in order to experience salvation.
1) Admit that you are a sinner - Romans 3:23
2) Realize that the penalty of sin is eternal death - Romans 6:23a
3) Acknowledge that there is nothing you can do to save yourself - Romans 3:20
4) Realize that Christ has paid the penalty for sin - Romans 5:8-9
5) Repent of (turn from) your sin - Luke 13:3
6) Believe in (turn to) Jesus Christ alone for salvation - Romans 10:9
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."
"For by works of the law no human being will be justified in His sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin."
"But God shows His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since, therefore, we have now been justified by His blood, much more shall we be saved by Him from the wrath of God."
"No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish."
"Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved."